Primary takeaways from the session:
– The first rule of zero waste is FIFO: First In, First Out. This implies that no matter goes into the fridge first should be utilised first.
– Don’t throw away coriander roots. Dry them they usually can be utilized to flavour soups, stews, sauces and shares.
– Leftover bread crumbs should be dried, toasted and pulverised. Kashyap likes to sprinkle them on scrambled eggs so as to add some crunch.
– Eggshells may be floor and used with dishwashing cleaning soap/liquid to scrub heavy utensils. In addition, they are often scattered on plant soil to fertilise them.
– Leftover banana peels (ideally recent) are nice to shine leather-based footwear or silverware.
– Onion peels may be added to inventory to reinforce its flavour.
– All citrus peels may be was bitters for cocktails. Method: macerate peels of two oranges in 200 ml of liquid like vodka.