The Home Ministry announced the winners of Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar 2020 on January 23, 2020. The award might be conferred to Uttarakhand’s Disaster Mitigation & Management Centre within the establishment class and Kumar Munnan Singh within the particular person class.
The Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar is announced yearly on January 23, on the event of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose’s start anniversary. The award goals to recognise the wonderful work achieved by people and establishments in India within the discipline of catastrophe administration.
The establishment class award carries a certificates and a money prize price Rs 51 lakh, which is for use for catastrophe management-related actions solely. On the opposite hand, the person class award carries a certificates and a money prize price Rs 5 lakh.
The award goals to acknowledge the nice work achieved by establishments and people within the discipline of catastrophe administration comparable to analysis in early warning, prevention, mitigation, preparedness, rescue, aid and rehabilitation course of.
The award goals to commend the work of the organizations and people who work silently however successfully to alleviate the struggling of the affected inhabitants, within the aftermath of a catastrophe.
Subhash Chandra Bose Puraskar 2020: Key Highlights
• The nomination course of for the Subhash Chandra Bose Puraskar started on August 1 and the final date for the receipt of the nominations was October 15, 2019.
• The Subhash Chandra Bose Puraskar 2020 obtained about 330 nominations from establishments and people.
• The nominations have been then scrutinised by the 2 high-level Committees.
About the 2020 winners
Disaster Mitigation and Management Centre (DMMC), Uttarakhand
• The centre discharges the features of the State Disaster Management Authority below the state authorities of Uttarakhand.
• It was established in 2006. Since then, it has coordinated numerous post-disaster features comparable to info alternate, coordination, requisition and media briefing.
• The centre has additionally been organizing mock catastrophe administration workouts on the state, district and tehsil stage with the assist of NDMA. It has additionally carried out coaching of the state officers in Incident Response System (IRS) and arranged incidence response coaching (IRTs) until the tehsil stage.
• The centre indulges with numerous scientific and tutorial establishments working within the discipline of Disaster danger discount (DRR) for clean dissemination of rising applied sciences and methods amongst different state departments via workshops.
• The centre has additional prolonged analysis services to college students and revealed over 50 papers in peer-reviewed scientific journals. It has additionally developed wealthy audio-visual and print IEC materials, which is likely one of the finest within the nation.
Kumar Munnan Singh
• Kumar Munnan Singh was appointed as a founder member of the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) in 2005 in recognition of his commendable work throughout the damaging 2004 Tsunami.
• Kumar Munnan Singh is understood to have performed a number one function in establishing a one-of-its-kind specialist response force- the ‘National Disaster Response Force’ proper from scratch. The power at present boasts of 14,000 personnel together with 12 battalions.
• The NDRF had delivered a commendable response throughout its preliminary section itself throughout the devastating Kosi meals 2008.
• Singh had additionally performed a serious function in implementing the idea of Community Capacity Building by the NDRF as a power multiplier. As a results of this, the NDRF has up to now has skilled round 60 lakh people who find themselves the primary responders amongst their group.
Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar 2019
The Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar 2019 was awarded to the eighth Battalion of the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), positioned at Ghaziabad for its commendable work in catastrophe administration.
The Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar was set as much as recognise the excellent work achieved by establishments and people within the discipline of catastrophe administration in India. The award is announced yearly on January 23, on the start anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.