Last updated on March 27, 2020
Aggarwal will succeed Krish Iyer who is about to retire on March 31 after main the retail large for eight years. With his retirement, Iyer’s function will change from full-time administration into an advisory one.
Aggarwal was promoted to the place of deputy CEO in January 2020. He has now been elevated once more to the submit of CEO of Best Price, Walmart India.
About Sameer Aggarwal
• Sameer Aggarwal is at present serving as Walmart India’s Deputy Chief Executive Officer. In the place, he leads operations, logistics, advertising, actual property, folks, merchandising, kirana improvement programme, e-commerce and technique.
• Overall, Aggarwal has over 20 years of expertise in technique, common administration, finance and mergers and acquisitions throughout industries in varied international locations.
• His earlier employment was as the Chief Finance, Development and Supply Chain Officer for KFC Thailand.
• Before that, he labored with Sainsbury’s, handing its UK and China operations as Head of Strategy. He was later appointed as the Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer to help with the CEO transition.
• He has additionally served McKinsey & Company within the UK and Australia as an Associate Partner, main initiatives internationally in varied sectors and capabilities for over seven years.
• He has accomplished Master’s in Business Administration from the London Business School. He can be a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
Sameer Aggarwal’s Walmart India journey
He joined Walmart India in April 2018 as an Executive Vice President, Chief Strategy and Administrative officer. He was later promoted as the Chief Business Officer in December 2018. He was then elevated as Deputy CEO in January 2020 after which as the CEO in March.
Aggarwal will now instantly report back to Walmart Executive VP and Regional CEO of Asia and Global Sourcing, Dirk Van den Berghe. Speaking on Aggarwal’s promotion, Berghe mentioned that he has accomplished a unbelievable job prior to now two years, as he had led the cost to make their proposition extra customer-centric, growing digital choices to arrange for his or her omnichannel companies sooner or later.
Krish Iyer will probably be working with Sameer Aggarwal until June 30 to allow a clean transition. After that, he’ll proceed to serve in an advisor function.