New Delhi: Rabindranath Tagore is a world icon, who contributed immensely to the world literature, wore a number of hats from being a poet, novelist, essayist, thinker, and musician. Today, the multifaceted persona is being remembered on his demise anniversary. Also Read: Coronavirus: India Sees Biggest Jump With Over 62K Fresh Cases, Overall Count Surges Past 2 MillionThe best poet within the historical past has composed the National Anthems of two nations – “Jana Gana Mana Adhinayaka Jaya He” for India and “Amar Shonar Bangla” for Bangladesh.
Here are 10 fascinating details concerning the international icon.
- Tagore was born on 7 May 1861 in Kolkata. The international icon handed away on today, August 7, within the 12 months 1941.
- Father Devendranath Tagore and mom Sharda Devi have been very keen on him as a result of he was the youngest of 13 siblings.
- After finishing his education, Tagore enrolled in England. He acquired his legislation training from the University of London. However, he returned to India earlier than the diploma.
- Tagore was the primary non-European to win the Nobel Prize in 1913 for the poem Gitanjali. This was his final composition.
- Even the nationwide anthem of Sri Lanka is taken into account to be impressed by his poetry. He composed about 2,230 songs.
- Gurudev has penned tons of of novels, brief tales, dance-dramas, poems, essays and travelogues. He has written over 2000 songs, that are popularly often called ‘Rabindra Sangeet‘.
- Some of the very best literary works incudes Haimanti, Kabuliwala, Kshudita Pashna and Musalmanir Golpo.
- Other works embrace Gora, Gitanjali, Rakta Karabi, Ghare Baire, Shesher Kobita, Raja O Rani, Tasher Desh, Dena Paona, Shanchayita. Most of his work has been translated into a number of languages.
- Famous novels embrace Chaturanga, Gora, Naukadubi, Jogjog, Ghare Bayar.
- Tagore had an ideal respect for Mahatma Gandhi. However, there have been occasions when the 2 have differed on many points. Tagore’s strategy was extra logical. It is noteworthy that it was Tagore who gave the title of Mahatma to Gandhi.
Check his well-known quotes:
- Every little one comes with the message that God isn’t but discouraged of man.
- Love doesn’t declare possession however provides freedom.
- And as a result of I like this life, I do know I shall love demise as nicely.
- Music fills the infinite between two souls.
- He who has the information has the accountability to impart it to the scholars.
- Those who personal a lot have a lot to worry
- Nirvana isn’t the blowing out of the candle. It is the extinguishing of the flame as a result of day is come
If you cry as a result of the solar has gone out of your life, your tears will forestall you from seeing the celebs.