Primary takeaways from the session:
– Vitamin C, retinol and hyaluronic acid type the spine of your skincare.
– Vitamin C is available in many concentrations: 10% is nice for younger, oily pores and skin for prevention and safety and 15-20% is nice for older, extra dry pores and skin searching for therapy. Vitamin C protects the pores and skin as it’s the strongest antioxidant, heals imperfections and fades scars. If your pores and skin reacts with vitamin C serums attempt a cream or oil system as an alternative.
- Take a handful of spinach; chia + sesame + flax seeds; some cranberry + 1 amla; half of a pomegranate; half a citrus fruit in season; honey and a uncooked banana for pre-biotic fibre. Blend the whole lot collectively and drink instantly. Dr Sethi recommends a base of both coconut water or almond milk.
– Retinol is principally vitamin A. This is essentially the most researched ingredient for collagen regeneration. While you should utilize vitamin C in the course of the day, retinol is extra suited to the night time. Start with low concentrations and construct up your tolerance. Dr Sethi recommends you combine 1% retinol with your moisturiser and apply that over your face.
– Hyaluronic acids can maintain as much as 1,000 instances its weight in water. Therefore, it intensely hydrates the pores and skin making it look plump and dewy. It is available in excessive and low molecular weights. The low molecular weight penetrates the pores and skin and will trigger reactions with delicate pores and skin. The excessive molecular weight sits on high of the face and hydrates it.
– Acids or chemical peels exfoliate the pores and skin, stimulate collagen and increase glow. Alpha hydroxy acids or AHAs embody acids reminiscent of glycolic, lactic and mallic. These acids are good for all pores and skin sorts with glycolic being the strongest and lactic being the mildest, subsequently nice for delicate pores and skin. Beta Hydroxy acids (BHAs) embody salicylic acids, which assist unclog pores and are appropriate for greasy, pimples inclined pores and skin. It is healthier to make use of a cleanser with BHAs and a toner/ moisturiser with AHAs. You can use AHAs with retinol however the tolerance have to be constructed up over time.
– Other favoured skincare components embody copper peptides that additionally increase collagen, and niacinamide, which tightens pores and offers the pores and skin a contemporary, dewy look.
Disclaimer: Please seek the advice of with a dermatologist earlier than starting a brand new routine