Last updated on March 24, 2020
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana will present free annual well being cowl up to Rs 5 lakh per household for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
The centrally-sponsored healthcare scheme has been referred to because the world’s largest well being scheme with the beneficiaries nearly equal to the inhabitants of the US, Canada and Mexico put collectively.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana: All you want to know!
• The scheme is also referred to as the ‘Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana’ (PMJAY) or the National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM).
• It was launched to assist the poor and the economically weak households. It is predicted to cowl round 10.74 crore beneficiary households and about 50 crore Indian residents.
• Under the scheme, there can be no cap on household dimension or age. It goals to goal the weak inhabitants of the nation based mostly on the database of the Socio Economic and Caste Census of 2011.
• The profit cowl will embrace each pre and post-hospitalisation bills. It may also embrace a outline transport allowance.
• The scheme will allow the beneficiaries to take cashless advantages from the private and non-private empaneled hospitals.
• The scheme will obtain a 60 p.c fund contribution from the centre, whereas the remaining has to be put in by the states.
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on September 23, 2018. The scheme is total anticipated to strengthen the healthcare companies of India. Around 13000 hospitals have been contacted for the implementation of the scheme.