Taranjit Singh Sandhu turns into India’s ambassador to USA
• Taranjit Singh Sandhu, a senior diplomat, has been appointed as India’s ambassador to the USA. Sandhu, a 1988 batch Indian Foreign Service officer, was India’s High Commissioner to Sri Lanka until now.
• He will substitute Harsh Vardhan Shringla in Washington. Harsh Vardhan Shringla has change into the brand new Foreign Secretary of India.
• Sandhu was performing because the Indian Ambassador to Sri Lanka from January 24, 2017. Earlier, he served because the Deputy Chief (Mission) in Washington DC from 2013 to 2017.
China second greatest weapon producer: SIPRI
• The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) has just lately launched its annual report on weapons in the world. It says that China is the second greatest weapon producer nation after the USA.
• In the latest report, China has surpassed Russian firms. Earlier, China used to import protection gear from Russian firms.
• The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) was established in 1966. It is a Swedish assume tank. It is devoted to analysis in topics like battle, weapons management, and disarmament and many others.
World Leprosy Eradication Day noticed
• World Leprosy Eradication Day is widely known on January 30 yearly. Government companies and personal organizations arrange numerous consciousness drives on today.
• Leprosy is an infectious bacterial illness that particularly impacts the pores and skin, nerves, and eyes.
• This illness has virtually ended in India. According to an estimate, India has lower than 1 affected person of leprosy amongst 10,000 individuals.
France confirmed 5 instances of Coronavirus
• France has just lately confirmed 5 instances of coronavirus in the nation. The daughter of a Chinese vacationer has change into fifth confirmed affected person of coronavirus in France.
• Previously, 80 years previous individual was additionally confirmed as fourth affected person of coronavirus. France has additionally despatched an plane to evacuate its residents from China.
• China has registered greater than 1700 new instances of coronavirus whereas 170 individuals have misplaced their lives on account of this lethal virus.
Housing for all to be achieved by 2022: Govt
• Ministry of Finance introduced on January 30, 2020 that the union authorities will obtain the goal of Housing for All by 2022 beneath the scheme of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Grameen (PMAY-G).
• It was additionally knowledgeable by the federal government that multiple crore 50 lakh rural homes have been constructed thus far in the final 5 years.
• The authorities will quickly allot 1 crore 95 lakh homes to the eligible beneficiaries in the second part of PMAY-G.