Last updated on March 27, 2020
The India and Germany agreement was signed In February 2020 between the Ministry of Railways and Germany’s DB Engineering and Consulting GMBH.
The India-Germany agreement for technological cooperation in the Railway Sector will allow cooperation in the next areas:
1. Freight operations: This contains cross-border transport, logistics and automotive transport.
2. Passenger operations: This contains high-speed, cross-border site visitors
3. Infrastructure constructing and administration: This contains devoted freight corridors and improvement of passenger stations.
4. Development of contemporary/aggressive railway group: This contains the advance of organizational constructions and railway reformation.
5. Railway IT options: This contains IT options for railway operations, advertising and gross sales and administrative functions,
6. Predictive Maintenance
7. Private practice operations
8. Other mutually agreed upon areas
The Ministry of Railways has signed numerous agreements, administrative preparations, cooperation agreements, joint declarations of intent for technical cooperation in the rail sector with many countries to establish areas of cooperation together with high-speed rail, improvement of world-class stations, pace elevating of current routes, modernisation of rail infrastructure and for heavy haul operations.